Act now to secure critical funding for Tibetans!
Both the House of Representatives and the Senate will soon consider legislation that will provide critical funding for U.S. programs that aid Tibetans inside Tibet and in exile.
Please help us to spread the message on Capitol Hill that the U.S. stands by Tibet and Tibetans. Help us urge Members of Congress to support these invaluable Tibet programs when these key bills come to the floor this summer.
These pieces of legislation maintain funding for long-standing Tibet programs including:
• Humanitarian aid for Tibetan refugees;
• Sustainable development inside Tibet;
• Tibetan language broadcasts by the Voice of America and Radio Free Asia;
• Tibetan scholarships and exchanges;
• Democracy grants; and
• The State Department’s Office of the Special Coordinator for Tibetan Issues.
Make sure that your Representative and Senators hear your support of Tibet. It is not too late to ask your Members of Congress to vote for these vital Tibet programs -- please do so today!